4/27/08

White Shirt Vinny

I like Jim Zorn a whole lot more now.

Look the Redskins could have traded away their whole draft, like they always do.

I have said many a time the Redskins needed a fundamental shift in the way they put together a football team. Yes, they were a playoff team...however they were an over matched playoff team. They needed to restock their roster with young talent, not only to win now and in the future but to regain a hold of a salary cap situation that had gotten out of control.

Washington Redskins Draft Picks
Rd 2 - #3(34) Devin Thomas (WR) Mich St ESPN Video
Rd 2 - #17(48) Fred Davis (TE) USC
Rd 2 - #20(51) Malcolm Kelly (WR) Oklahoma
Rd 3 - #33(96) Chad Rinehart (OG) N Iowa
Rd 4 - #25(124) Justin Tryon (CB) Arizona St
Rd 6 - #2(168) Durant Brooks (P) Ga Tech
Rd 6 - #14(180) Kareem Moore (S) Nicholls St
Rd 6 - #20(186) Colt Brennan (QB) Hawaii

Is a deep draft that addresses many different positions. They completed the switch to a West Coast Offense by round 3. And they even got a QB to groom (Brennan) in a system that plays to his strengths.

While many of their picks are boom bust they had so many selections that the odds are int he favour.

The Redskins had one of the best drafts this year, and it's sounds good to say that again because....

I hate the Giants.

1 comment:

Anthony J. Pennings, PhD said...

Strangely enough, I hate the Giants too or at least treat them with indifference. With Colt I'm beginning to become a "Redskin" fan, despite the name.