2/6/08

Uhhh...What?

Apparently, Sleeping until 10 o'clock makes you miss crazy absurd news stories, who knew?

It seems that Shaq is on his way out of Miami and headed back to the western conference. He was traded to the Phoenix Suns for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks.

Wow, No one in this deal makes any sense.

The Diesel is clearly a shadow of his former self. While clearly he won't be the focal point of the offense in Phoenix with Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire, but I can't help but wonder what he is bringing to the table for the Suns. Is he going to be able to run the floor? Doubt it. Is he going to be a dominant defensive force? Don't really see that happening. In reality, he may steal minutes from Amare, which is just silly.

As far as Miami goes, I've never been a fan of Marion. I think that he is a great fantasy player, but doesn't bring a whole lot of value to the court. He's the NBA version of Ricky Williams. Remember, when Williams used to be the king of garbage yardage for Miami? He would always brake off a 40 yard run after the game was out of hand. It made his stats look great. That's Marion.

Putting Marion next to Wade looks great on paper, but I question how effective it will be.

No comments: