1/31/08

Quick Reviews of a Couple of things...

- One of my pleasures in life is listen to the rap of Minnesota's Atmosphere. For those of you haven't heard me rant about this before, the group is a pairing of DJ Ant (Anthony Davis) and rapper Slug (Sean Daly.) They are every that I like about rap, as they aren't afraid to be creative and tell a story in a song instead of talking about murder and womanizing on every song.

Well, they just came out with a new, download only album called Strictly Leakage. It's free at their record label's site, Rhymesayers Entertainment. It's a party album, so it's full of upbeat songs and good beats.

I don't think that's its their best work, but it certainly has redeeming qualities. First off, it's free. Can't beat that. Second of all, It's more original, fun rap. The two best songs are Road to the Riches, a song about Atmosphere's rise to cult hero status, and What they Sittin' for?, a short rap about a hand of Texas Hold'em.

I'd give it a B. Listen to it. You'll be glad you did.

- In my few free minutes last night, I downloaded the demo for Turok. I remember back in the day when the game was a Triple-A title for N64. I figured it was worth a shot.

Wow. What a piece of crap.

Now, with all of the first person shooters out there, most of them suck. However, they at least have some redeeming quality. This game doesn't. Dinosaurs jump out at you, knock you down and you are forced to battle from the ground most of the time. The best part is, there is no way to avoid that. It just happens. The weapons are very blah and their is little to no contextual stuff like taking cover or anything else.

Wow. It just sucks. Stay away.

No comments: