First of all I hate Angels and Airwaves. I was one of the biggest Blink 182 fans you'll meet. They defined a part of my youth and introduced me to alot of the music I listen to today.
I loved the music, though it went downhill slowly after Dude Ranch, and the carefree nature of the band. Sure they sucked live, but who cared. They were performers and they put on a great show every time.
So when they broke up it certainly hurt, especially the manner of the break up. As a fan you wanted so badly to believe these guys were actually friends and enjoyed what they were doing.
From everything I've read, and from what you can deduce by the style of the music each band went into to it seems as if Tom is the ass. He started another band, Boxcaracer, without Mark and that seemed to be the writing on the wall.
Which brings me to my hate for Angels and Airwaves, the musics "ok" but listen to one interview with Tom. He takes himself so seriously now, defining his music as revolutionary. Please...
Anyway, this rant has a point.
When I heard the new Angels song on the radio (Everything's Magic) I couldn't help but get the strangest sense of deja vu. I could have sworn I had heard the song before, even though it was my first listen.
Than it hit me...
Thats the guitar part from Anthem Part 2, by Blink 182
and wait...
Isn't that the exactly baseline from a Cure song?
With the help of you tube I did some research. Here's my findings.
Here's the A and A song...notice the guitar intro.
Now here's Anthem Part 2
Hmm...ok stragely similar
Now go back and listen to the bass line when it kicks in
Does it sound a little something like this?
That's right, almost to a tee they ripped of the baseline to Close to Me by the Cure.
God I hate you and your plagiarizing ass Tom.
No comments:
Post a Comment