5/16/07

Links, Hodgepodge and Whatnot.

- I was going to do a whole rant on how bad Linkin Park’s Minutes to Midnight is, but Jason stole my thunder. Every point he made, I agree with wholeheartedly. A piece of me has died.

- The situation with the Suns/Spurs series is regrettable. I love the Suns and I actually sat down and watched game 2. I hate NBA Basketball for the most part so that should tell you how good the Suns are for the Sport. Anyway, Now without Stoudamire, Phoenix is done and the Spurs will then roll over the Jazz. The NBA Sucks.

- On another note, aren’t the Spurs getting less likable by the day? I mean Duncan is ok, but everyone else is just horrible. Bruce Bowen should be jettisoned into space. Is anyone against this? Manu Ginobili looks like a weasel. Tony Parker is not nearly good looking enough for his wife.

- In Today’s “Wait, did that just really happen on Long Island?” moment, A Syosset couple was caught keep SLAVES in their basement. That’s right they kept two Indonesian women in their house, made them work and beat them. How does that get any worse? They happen to be members of the gym I work at! YES! I knew someone in that place had to be evil!

- Just in case you haven’t hears, Padres SP Jake Peavy is flat out absurd.

- In other baseball news, Everybody should have already seen this video, but if you haven’t, Here’s a reason to love Royals OF Joey Gathright.

- Everyone stop panicking about the Yankees. The pitching is going to be fine. More importantly, No one the team is hitting. Here’s some fun and interesting stats:

- Bobby Abreu: .239 Avg, .311 OBP, 20 RBI

- Robinson Cano: .235 Avg, .279 OBP, 1 HR, 16 RBI

- Johnny Damon: .256 Avg, .2 HR, 13 RBI

- Do you think that these guys are gonna hit this way all year? I didn’t think so. The team will be fine.

- Solid New Songs Report (AKA What to listen to when you are not listening to Minutes to Midnight!)

Paramore – “Misery Business”

Over It – “Caught in a Rundown”

Patrick Park – “Life is a Song”

- Even as a casual MMA fan, I’m pumped for Rampage v. Lidell on 5/26. Here’s hoping Rampage stomps Lidell. Probably won’t happen.

- Guitar Hero: 80’s edition. Oh Baby.

- Really Funny Commerical.

- Going to Subway Series! Yankees v. Mets on 5/20 with Stein and Glenn. Drunken Photos/ Drunken Recap to Follow.

No comments: