Rough Day in the NFL yesterday. First and foremost, We'd like to wish Kevin Everett a full and speedy recovery. It's a terrible thing when anything like this happens on a football field.
However, Didn't it seem like alot of people got hurt yesterday? Orlando Pace is out for the season. Chad Pennington's diagnosis is being kept very hush-hush, and we all know about the Giants mash unit.
Which brings me to the point of this article, Eli Manning. First off, Eli looked fantastic last night. He looked like he is growing into the quarterback that I always knew that he could be, and Contrary to what most believed (Jason and Brian, I'm looking at you.) David Diehl held up very well at Left Tackle.
And then tragedy struck.
Eli's shoulder has been a hot topic in New York today as no one seems to know exactly what is going on with it. The Giants say that the QB is day-to-day and ESPN and Chris Mortensen is saying that Eli will miss an entire month. Then the NFL Network said that He is aiming to be back on September 30th. Well, Apparently no one knows what the hell is going on. I almost always trust Mort but am obviously hoping that he is wrong.
Here's what Newsday Beat Writer Arthur Staple said in his blog earlier tonight:
Giants say Eli has a bruised A-C joint in a statement; TC says Eli has a sprained shoulder, which means it's separated. So ESPN is somewhat right. But he's day to day, and neither Eli nor TC is ruling the QB out for Sunday. Hey, Eli shook Bob Glauber's hand. "Vigorously," Blaubs reported. He's cured!
Seriously -- it's not as minor as Eli made it out to be, but it's not necessarily an automatic month either.
I think that this is probably the case. I think Eli will miss Sunday, but be back for Week 3.
I'm hoping.
Be Back Tomorrow with Impressions from Week 1.
No comments:
Post a Comment